If last week's seemed short, that's because it was — I meant to write a longer spooky section but then got really distracted playing Cities Skylines 2 and ended up ... not writing a lot.
But no matter! Because today we will talk about Prometheus' gift to the humans: fire! I recently pulled the trigger on a nice little fire pit (and put up some string lights!) in the backyard and got some friends together to carve pumpkins.
But more on that later honestly.
We have some insanely good anonymous subscriber news going on. Yes. I AM A MATCHMAKER THANKS TO MY THIS ANONYMOUS SECTION. THIS IS THE SPICE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR.
WAR EAGLE ROLL TIDE GO BEARS BOILER UP. WE'RE ALL OF THEM. MATCHMAKERS, LETS RIDE.
anonymous subscriber news
WE HAVE BIG NEWS. A REPLY. WHAT AN EDITION. WHAT A MOVE. HIGHLIGHTED IN BOLD.
SEND IN MORE OF YOUR LOVE CONFESSIONS AND COCKROACH BATTLES HERE: https://forms.gle/uWLj76T6wiK38PG77
- anonymous subscriber was helping a surgeon and he told a.s. should’ve gone into surgery instead of engineering and now a.s. is questioning their life choices
- anonymous subscriber went to a cafe after walking around for 30 minutes looking for an electrical outlet to charge their laptop to do work but it turns out they don’t allow laptops on weekends
- on top of a cockroach infestation anonymous subscriber is battling a flea infestation and a leak in my ceiling
- anonymous subscriber is thinking about the friend who confessed their feelings for them on last week's anonymous subscriber and feels the same way :)
- anonymous subscriber is currently reading Harlem shuffle by colson whitehead
- anonymous subscriber is in japan !!!!!!!
- anonymous subscriber is going to london tomorrow
- anonymous subscriber is getting new glasses
- anonymous subscriber is in Taiwan
funny rei return notes
When I was browsing the REI used section I found some really interesting return notes. Also, if you buy something from REI, use it, then return it and you do this serially, you are kind of an asshole. But it's also a big corporation that kind of masquerades as a co-op so do as you will.
animal of the week
Look at this squirrel in a certainly strangely shaped tree. Reminds me of all the ways trees operated and how humans interact with them in Big Ten universities. At Purdue, bikes go in them. At Rutgers, there are lobsters. At others ... they are beloved. But I miss campus squirrels. If you're going to grad school, send in your squirrels, we want to see them.
Also here's a picture of Stalin also submitted by Sydney.
See you guys next week!